Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Homer Simpson


I was looking at the past inductees of the Hall of Fame and I was shocked that Homer wasn't in there yet. I mean, after all, I do take in consideration any person that has been on "The Simpsons," so it would only make sense to put the ultimate Simpson on the list.

As you probably all know, I don't watch a lot of TV. My TV watching is limited to Steelers football games and reruns of "Seinfeld" and "The Simpsons".

The reason I watch "The Simpsons" is because of Homer. Sure, there are other characters that I enjoy, but Homer is the reason I ever became a fan of the show. It was a nice change from the usual TV father that we saw in the 80's. Not saying that I have modeled my life after him, but it was nice to see a different dad that drank beer, belched, ate donuts, skipped work, spent his evenings at Moe's and tried to kill his boss.

A few of his accomplishments:
  1. He was an astronaut.
  2. His band, the B Sharps, won a Grammy.
  3. He toured with Smashing Pumpkins, Cypress Hill & Peter Frampton.
Homer is also the ultimate soundbite. There are many websites dedicated to Homer Simpson quotes, but here are a few of my favorites:
  • Heh Heh Heh! Lisa! Vampires are make believe, just like elves and gremlins and eskimos!
  • Bart, you're saying butt-kisser like it's a bad thing!
  • Oh Lisa! You and your stories! Bart is a vampire! Beer kills brain-cells! Now lets go back to that...building...thingy... where our beds and TV...is.
  • I think Smithers picked me because of my motivational skills. Everyone says they have to work a lot harder when I’m around.
  • Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip
  • Kill my boss?!? Do I dare live out the american dream?
  • Mmmm...Sacrelicious!
  • If he is so smart, how come he is dead?
  • If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't speak English.
Welcome to the Hall of Fame, Homer.

No comments: